Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Teriyaki salmon with wild rice and pak choi



I tend to make this on a Saturday if I happen to spot some decent salmon fillets. My mother is postively addicted to this, and my father is quite partial too. If I'm making it for just my mother and I, I used a whole chilli as we love hot food. The nuttiness of the wild rice and the bite it has really compliments with soft, sticky salmon and the pak choi give that healthy iron-rich kick (alternatively use broccoli). Enjoy!

(serves 4)
Ingredients
4 salmon steaks or fillets 
3 tablespoons oil (veg or sunflower)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 fresh chilli
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
sesame oil to garnish (optional)
Wild rice or sticky rice (basmati, long grain or sushi rice)
Pak choi x 2

In a shallow baking dish, combine brown sugar, oil, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Place salmon steaks/fillets in a baking dish. Turn fish over several times to coat; refrigerate 30 to 45 minutes. Remove salmon from marinade. Cook on foil sheet on medium hot grill, turning once during cooking, about 6 to 12 minutes per inch of thickness.

Cook rice per pack instructions or have a look at a sticky rice recipe here .

Cut pak choi in half. Heat a few tablespoons of water in a griddle or a wok and place the pak choi cut side down, on a high heat so the veg steams. Once they're nearly cooked through, very lightly sprinkle with soy sauce and/or sesame oil. I personally like to transfer them to the baking dish I've taken the salmon out, to pick up some sticky teriyaki goodness :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment