Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Merci, Bob Le Pirate!

During my last year of university, I lived in a house of 9. It was generally chaotic but I was lucky enough to make some good friends, including 3 French students. After we had all graduated we stayed in touch, and last year I was lucky enough to go to St Malo to visit them. There, we stayed with my friends parents, with his father Bob calling himself 'the pirate' as an homage to his town's history. Our hosts had heard how I'd come to love confit duck legs that the housemates had introduced me to in our student house. After an afternoon spent strolling through the walled city we drove back to the house where I was greeted with one of the most glorious sights the human eye can experience: a kitchen table loaded with roasted potatoes, mushrooms with lardons and beautifully cooked confit duck. Even the air smelt like lard, but the meal was heavenly. I've since looked for confit duck recipes, and surprisingly my slow cooker comes with a recipe for it, but I don't want to spoil that perfect memory. I've heard you can buy big tins of confit de canard in a deli in Cardiff but I'm yet to find it. So this is my plea: if anyone can give me a fool-proof and tested recipe for confit duck, I'll be eternally grateful!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment