Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Literature and scones

On Thursday I made my way to Hay-On-Wye for the Hay Literature Festival. I saw Gillian Clarke (poet) give a lecture, went to an interview with James Sommerin (chef), and an interview with Jon Ronson (author) who was brilliantly funny and I can't wait to buy his new book, The Psychopath Test.

The butternut squash salad I made was scoffed as soon as we got there and it held up pretty well during the 4 hour journey. I would definitely make that again.

In between the interviews we managed to eat yet more food. I spotted the scones as soon as I walked into the food tent. It's now my mission to learn to make nice scones as these were so fluffy and light. Although I would've preferred some clotted cream rather than the stiffly whipped double cream they used. It's also a possible way to eat Fiona, my formerly green strawberry who is not far off completely red.

Enjoy the obligatory picture of nummy food!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment