Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Divine Indian Food


Last Thursday was a friend's birthday and thankfully she chose one of my favourite restaurants, Miah's in Swansea. To a passerby it doesn't sell itself as much as other restaurants on the same street, no coloured lights or bright signs. Like a metaphorical Kinder Egg, Miah's has the best stuff inside. A grand oak staircase takes you past the huge glittering chandelier and as you get up to the seated area upstairs your eye is drawn to vast wooden beams, stained glass windows and high ceilings. Yep, Miah's is a converted church, with the decor as beautiful as the food.

I've spent a few of my birthday celebrations there as well as many members of my family, and we've partaken in the Sunday buffet a few times. Every time the food as arrived promptly, the staff are very helpful (most notably when helping my grandfather to pick a dish to suit his tastes), the atmosphere is relaxed and subtle waves of spice aromas whirl around.

I would and could go into detail about anything I've eaten there, as it was so well executed that I took snapshots of each bite. But I'll resist the temptation and just inform you that everything from the tender lamb pasanda to the creamy, perfectly seasoned and spiced dals, is spot on. I envy the chefs there and how well they know their spices, it's the ultimate balancing act.

I recommend this place to everyone, and it's easy to find right opposite Joe's Ice Cream by the Brangwyn Hall in Swansea. Enjoy!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment